We are very glad to have you join our community, and we hope that you enjoy your time with us. This property has a reputation for being a first class community, and the comfort of our residents is very important to us. We have excellent residents, many of whom have happily lived here for many years.
GOOD NEIGHBOR POLICY
All policies in this handbook apply to residents and their guests. Please be considerate of your neighbors and help us maintain a clean and safe community. This is your home and we would like this property to reflect that fact.
STANDARD OFFICE HOURS (where applicable, may vary)
MONDAY – FRIDAY 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
SATURDAY 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
SUNDAY Appointment Only
**Hours may change at any time without notice, check with onsite management for most up-to-date office hours**
COMMUNITY STANDARDS OF OCCUPANCY
No more than two (2) occupants and a child under the age of twelve (12) months may reside in the same bedroom in any rental apartment. If the number of occupants in your apartment changes for any reason, please contact the leasing office immediately.
FOR ANY LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY, CALL 911. Then call the office.
Maintenance requests will be completed in a timely manner. Please submit nonemergency maintenance requests on the properties website. Non-emergency requests will be completed between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Maintenance requests will be handled after office hours or on holidays only if they are emergencies. We define EMERGENCIES as situations which:
Present a danger to people such as:
- Natural Gas Leak
- Lack of electricity
- Broken doors, locks, or windows
- Lack of heat (when outside temperature is below 45 degrees F)
- Lack of air conditioning (when outside temperature is above 85 degrees F)
- Lack of water
- Non-functional toilet (when there is only one in the apartment)
Present a danger to property such as:
Emergency maintenance requests can be reported 24/7 by calling the leasing offices main telephone number, or telephone number given at move-in. If it is after office hours, the on-call maintenance employee will respond as quickly as possible. Please be sure and give a full, detailed description of the problem, your full name, apartment number and phone number where you can be reached.
Prevention is the best insurance against fire. We recommend that you take these simple safety precautions in your own apartment to prevent fires from starting:
- Let cooking grease cool and pour into a metal can. Never pour hot grease into a plastic container.
- Do not let children cook on the stove.
- Keep lighters and matches out of reach from children.
- Avoid cooking while intoxicated, taking medication, or sleepy.
- Use an empty metal container for disposal of ashtrays and ashes from fireplaces/barbeque grills. Never dispose of ashes in the garbage can or in paper or plastic bags. Never set ashes next to the building.
- Do not remove, disable or take batteries out of your smoke detector(s). Test smoke detector(s) monthly to ensure they are working. If they malfunction, call the office immediately. Residents are responsible for replacing batteries. When the batteries need to be replaced, the smoke detector may periodically beep, but it is best to replace batteries at least once per year.
- Do not store gas-operated tools or vehicles (motorcycles) inside the apartment or under stairwells, breezeways, patios, or balconies.
- Barbecue grills are not allowed on balconies or patios.
Fire laws and insurance requirements prohibit the use of BBQ grills in breezeways, balconies, and patios or within 15-35 feet of a building. BBQ grills may be prohibited, check with onsite management for details.
Due to legal limitations, it is not possible for us to insure your personal property. It will be necessary for you to obtain Apartment Renter’s coverage at your expense from a local insurance agent to cover any possible loss to your personal property.
Please read the suggestions that are provided to you in your lease contract. Immediately report the following to management in writing, along with your signature and date:
- Any needed repairs to locks, latches, doors, windows, or smoke detectors
- Any malfunction of other safety devices outside your apartment home such as broken gates, burned out exterior lighting, blocked passages, broken railings, access gates, etc.
Each resident, occupant and guest has the responsibility to protect themselves and to maintain insurance to protect their belongings.
Presidium does not allow the open carry of a firearm at any time while living at or visiting the community.
PERSONAL SECURITY AWARENESS
No security system, patrol, or electronic security system is fail-safe. Even the best system cannot prevent crime. We would like to take this opportunity to expressly deny any stated or implied warranty of security on our property. The best safety measures are the ones you perform yourself. In an effort to assist with this, your phone number or apartment number will not be given to anyone, except as stated in your lease contract.
- All rent is due on the 1st of the month and is late after the 3rd day of the month
- Rent can only be paid on our property website with a Credit Card or ACH, or with your WIPS card at a participating location. Payments are not accepted in the leasing office
- If your rent is received in the office after the 3rd day of the month, you will be charged an initial late charge and a per day late thereafter until the entire amount is paid per your lease agreement
- A returned transaction fee will be applied plus applicable late charges will be assessed on all transactions returned by a bank for any reason per your lease agreement
- Cash cannot be accepted for any payment at any time for the protection of you and the staff
FIREPLACES (where applicable)
To reduce risk of fire, please do not burn wood scraps, trash, or similar items. Duraflame types of logs may only be used as directed on the package. Do not leave a burning fire unattended. Do not place live ashes in the trash receptacles or on your patio or balcony. Please do not store more than 1/4 cord of wood on your patio or balcony. You will be held liable for any or all property loss proven to be due to negligence. Ceramic logs are the only thing permitted in a gas burning fireplace.
SOCIAL EVENTS & BEING A GOOD NEIGHBOR
Your family, co-resident(s) and guest(s) shall show regard for the comfort and enjoyment of all other residents in the Apartment Community. Your apartment is your home, free from interruption by Management -- unless you or your guests disturb other residents of the Apartment Community. Televisions, stereo units, radios and musical instruments are not to be played at such a volume or time that will disturb others in the Apartment Community. Residents are responsible for the actions of their guests at all times.
PEST CONTROL (where applicable)
Please notify the office immediately of any pest control issues, and the manager will either contact the pest control vendor, or your problem will be taken care of at the vendor’s next scheduled visit.You are asked to assist our pest control efforts by maintaining a high standard of good housekeeping. If you have a pet and it becomes necessary to spray for fleas, you must pay the additional charge. To maintain decent, safe and sanitary conditions, refusals of service will be re-scheduled within thirty (30) days and are subject to a charge.
QUARTERLY APARTMENT WALKS
Each quarter the staff reserves the right to walk each apartment to check the general condition of the apartment home. These inspections will take place during regular office hours. We will be noting any issues such as dripping faucets, damaged sheetrock, dirty HVAC filters, inoperable smoke detectors, etc. Service requests will be written and repairs will be started as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.
KEYS AND LOCKS
You are prohibited from adding, changing, or in any way altering locks installed on the doors of the apartment. Resident agrees to pay five dollars (minimum $5.00) for each key lost. Lock changes at the request of the resident will be charged a minimum of $50 and must be paid for in advance. We do not accept lock-out requests after business hours.
Boats and trailers are prohibited unless written approval is obtained from the property manager. Management may regulate the manner, time and place of any vehicle on the community property. Motorcycles must be parked in the parking lot. They will be removed by a towing company if found in breezeways or on the lawn.
We would like to avoid having you or your guest's vehicle towed from the property, but we need your help. Any vehicle found in violation of any of the following rules will be towed at the owner’s expense:
- Parking or driving on the grass or sidewalks is prohibited and will result in fines and charges for damages to sprinkler system, landscaping, etc.
- Parking in the fire lanes is against city ordinance (towing will be enforced).
- No parking in front of the dumpsters (towing will be enforced).
- Do not take up two spaces with one car (towing will be enforced).
- Handicap parking with permit only.
- Visitors can park in "Visitor Parking" only where applicable - towing will be enforced. Verify with onsite management that visitor parking is allowed.
- All residents must have the appropriate parking sticker displayed in the lower front windshield on the passenger side. (We are not responsible to any damaged tint resulting from such sticker placement)
- Inoperable vehicles or vehicles with expired registration/inspection sticker(s) are prohibited (towing will be enforced).
- You must present proof of ownership (i.e. title, insurance form, etc.) to receive your parking sticker.
- A parking sticker must be displayed on the vehicle to which it is registered.
- There is a minimum $50.00 fee to replace a lost parking sticker.
- If a new vehicle is brought on the property, the old sticker must be returned to the office.
- Upon move-out, parking stickers must be returned to the office. A minimum $50.00 charge will be assessed for each parking sticker not returned.
The maximum speed throughout the Apartment Community is 12 mph. Please drive carefully and watch for pedestrians.
Solicitation is prohibited on the property. Please report any solicitors or suspicious persons to the office immediately.
GARAGES (where applicable)
Only motor vehicles, boats and bicycles shall be parked in the garages. Perishable items, toxic, flammable and/or explosive materials are strictly prohibited from being stored in the garages. Always keep the garage door closed unless entering or leaving the garage. Garages shall not be used for any other purpose (i.e. business, commercial) other than a private garage and shall not be used in a way that will disturb other residents of the community.
CAR WASHING & REPAIRS
Washing or making repairs to your automobile, motorcycle, etc. on the community property is prohibited. Using the apartment’s water for anything other than normal household matters will incur a minimum fine of $50.00. Vehicles with flat tires, on blocks, or those which are inoperable, including expired inspection or tags, are not allowed and will be removed at the owner's expense.
No goods or materials of any kind or description that are combustible, would increase fire risk, or present a potential risk of any type, shall be placed in storage areas or apartments. Heating/air conditioning or water heater closets ARE NOT to be used for storage purposes.
Trash is billed back to the resident at a flat rate (stated in your lease). Trash must be immediately placed in the dumpsters. It is not to be set outside your door, your patio, or placed in the laundry facilities. If the staff must remove trash, you will be charged a minimum of $25.00 per bag. Cigarette butts or trash thrown anywhere on the grounds will result in a minimum $25.00 pick-up fee. Also, there is to be no bulk debris placed in or around dumpsters including: furniture, shopping carts, etc. It is your responsibility to dispose of these items, not the apartment community’s.
RECYCLING/ENERGY & WATER CONSERVATION
Recycling and energy and water conservation are very important in helping sustain our environment for future generations. At Presidium, we provide you with the tools to assist you in doing your part in helping make our property more environmentally friendly; IT WILL ALSO SAVE YOU MONEY. Recycling bins are stationed throughout the property; just look for the Universal Recycling Symbol. If you have a question as to what can be put in the bins, contact the office. Below are just a few ways you can help conserve water and energy.
- Please report any leaks that you have in your apartment to Management, no matter how small.
- If the weather stripping on your exterior doors are damaged, please notify Management.
- Make sure to turn the lights off when you exit a room.
- Be more efficient when taking a shower, cut your shower time down.
PATIOS AND BALCONIES
The balconies and patios may be used for the display of appropriate patio furniture and decorative planters only. Display of such items in all common areas of the property, including porches and entry-ways, is not allowed. Bicycles, trash, etc. are not to be stored on the patio or balcony. No clothing, garments, towels, rugs, or other laundry items are to be hung on the patio or balcony.
SATELLITE DISHES AND ANTENNAS
Satellite dishes and antennas are allowed within the term listed in the Satellite Dish and Antenna Lease Addendum. This addendum must be signed in order to install a satellite dish or antenna.
PLAY IN COMMON AREAS
Residents are asked to play in areas provided and not in flower beds, landscaped areas or parking lots. Parents are to provide proper supervision of children at all times while on the property. You agree to abide by the rules and regulations established for use of recreational and service facilities provided by the Management. Biking, skateboarding, and skating is permitted in designated areas only.
POOL & HOT TUB (where applicable)
The pool is provided for the enjoyment of all residents. Please help us keep the pool clean and safe by remembering the following policies:
- Lifeguards are not provided. Swim at your own risk. For your safety, do not swim alone. Management is not responsible for accidents, injuries, or lost, stolen, damaged, or misplaced items.
- Please remember a physician should be consulted prior to using a hot tub.
- Pool hours are 10 am to Dusk. Unless otherwise posted
- Safety equipment is for emergency use only. Removal or use for any other reason is not permitted.
- A parent or guardian must accompany children under the age of 16 at all times.
- Pets are not allowed anywhere in the pool area unless they are licensed service animals.
- Use plastic or paper containers only. Glass is not permitted.
- Only proper swimwear is allowed: No cut-offs, thongs or diapers are allowed.
- Persons with an infectious or communicable disease, open sores, discharge, excessive sunburn, or bandages are not permitted in the pool or hot tub.
- All guests must be accompanied at all times by the resident. No more than two (2) guests are allowed at one time. To reduce crowding, please keep pool guests to a minimum.
- Keep gates closed at all times.
- Respect others by keeping noise to a minimum, covering pool furniture with a towel when using suntan oils, leaving pool furniture in pool areas, and disposing of trash properly.
- Violation of these Rules and Regulations may result in a loss of privileges.
- Please report any misuse of equipment, or any damaged or malfunctioning equipment to Management immediately.
In case of emergency, dial 911.
LAUNDRY & FITNESS FACILITIES (where applicable)
The laundry & fitness facilities are provided for the convenience of all residents. Please report any problems or needed repair to the office.
- Attendants are not provided. Use the laundry & fitness facility at your own risk. Management is not responsible for accidents, injuries, or lost, stolen, damaged, or misplaced items or money.
- A parent or guardian must accompany children under the age of 16.
- Please help us keep the laundry & fitness facility clean by properly disposing of all trash and returning equipment to its proper location.
In case of emergency, dial 911.
DELIVERIES (where applicable)
It is our pleasure to accept your packages from UPS or overnight express services under the following conditions:
- Please do not ask us to be responsible for C.O.D. deliveries, packages delivered in a damaged condition orperishable items to be left in the office.
- Packages will only be released during regular office hours.
- Occasionally the number of packages may become too great for storage in our office. During these times the office may refuse packages.
- Packages will only be released to whom they are addressed and our staff will require picture identification before releasing packages to residents.
- You will be required to sign a Package Log when you pick up your package.
We will not be able to accompany any servicepersons to the Apartment.
PETS (where applicable)
Pets are prohibited for any reason without manager's approval. Non-approved pets, including those belonging to neighbors, friends, or relatives, may not visit for any amount of time. This will be strictly enforced. If a pet is found in your apartment without a pet deposit and accompanying pet addendum in your file, you will be charged a $100.00 fine plus $10.00 per day for each day the pet is in your apartment until the pet is removed.
Should you desire to have a pet at any time during your residency, several guidelines must be followed:
- Up to two pets per unit may be permitted.
- Before the pet is allowed to be in the apartment home, all residents must sign a completed and approved TAA Pet Agreement at one time and the manager must see and approve the pet.
- Only dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, gerbils, and fish are permitted. No other animals are allowed.
- No pet is to be tied, chained, or otherwise attached to stairways, mailboxes, trees or entrances to any apartment.
- When pets are outside the yard area or outside the apartment, they are to be constrained to a leash at all times. Pets are not allowed to roam freely over the property.
- DOGS must be house-trained. No puppies. They must be kept on a leash at all times when outside the apartment. Dog feces must be picked up immediately. Dogs cannot disturb other residents at any time. Please be considerate of other residents.
- CATS must be litter-box trained and follow the same policy as dogs. Residents are required to bag litter before disposing of it in the dumpster. Do not flush litter down the toilet. It will clog the toilet and flood your apartment.
- FISH aquariums may not exceed 30 gallons.
PET FEES & DEPOSIT: Contact the office for more details.
Violation of the pet rules can result in various administrative actions including complete liquidation of all deposits, termination of the pet contract, and/or termination of the lease contract. (Subsequent re-letting of any apartment by owner shall not release resident(s) from liability for rental costs through the lease term.) MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY PET ACCORDING TO THE TAA LEASE CONTRACT.
Upon move-in, you are responsible for the payment of all utilities set forth in your lease. You must make arrangements to have the service transferred to your name. The names and phone numbers for the utilities are available in the office.
Window treatments must have WHITE linings or shades. Bed linens, towels, tin foil, reflector film, etc., are NOT ACCEPTABLE. Mini-blinds provided by the owner that are damaged due to the resident’s negligence will be charged to the resident.
A charge will be made for the unclogging of plumbing systems, in cases where malfunctions are caused by the introduction of objects therein, such as toys, cloth objects, grease, or other foreign matter. The cost of repair or replacement of other equipment or furnishings of the Owner will be the responsibility of the resident. IMMEDIATELY report all plumbing defects to the Property Manager.
Occasionally, residents need to transfer apartments. Contact the management office for more information, transfers are not guaranteed and must be approved by onsite manager in writing.
No business may be operated out of any residence leased on property. This includes day care, driveway or yard sales, etc.
Alcoholic beverages are NOT allowed in the common areas of the property (Stairs, Breezeways, Parking Lots, Pool and Deck).
ILLEGAL DRUG ACTIVITIES
Any known or suspected illegal or criminal drug activities observed at or within your residence will be reported immediately to the proper authorities. We do not tolerate the possession, use or distribution of illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia, and we cooperate fully with local authorities in order to prohibit their use and to assist in the arrest and conviction of those persons guilty of such illegal or criminal activity. You will be given a notice to vacate for being involved in any of the above activities, and we will file an eviction if you do not vacate after being asked to do so.
Your apartment community's move-out policies and procedures are outlined in your Apartment Lease Contract.
The following is a summary of the requirements to be met for a maximum return of your deposit, including but not limited to:
- Fulfill the complete term of your current lease contract.
- Fill out the official Notice of Intent to Move-Out Form and deliver to the manager's office at least sixty (60) days prior to the end of your lease contract unless otherwise stated in special provisions. Using our form will provide you with written documentation verifying your notice to vacate. It also provides us with your forwarding address in writing for the prompt refund and/or accounting of your security deposit.
- Pay all rent and charges due through the scheduled day of your move-out.
- Return all door keys, mailbox keys, storage room keys and parking stickers to the office the day of move-out. You will be charged for items not returned the day the apartment is surrendered. No items can be mailed. We strongly recommend that a member of our office staff accompany you for a walk-through inspection of your apartment to determine its condition. Final security deposit refunds, if any, cannot be determined at the walk-through. Your security deposit is subject to deductions as authorized in the lease contract and Rules & Regulations. All deductions, repairs and charges are subject to correction, modification, or disapproval by the manager.
- Security deposit refunds/statements will be mailed to the address given on the Notice of Intent to Move-Out Form. If a refund is given, it will be paid by one check jointly payable to all residents listed on the current lease contract.